Friday 6 September 2013

What Rascal, The Yorkshire Terrier, Thought Of Alphie....

Alphie is a cutie
It was over a year ago when the family of the house went out one evening and returned with a wriggling, black and tan bundle of fluff that reminded me of a younger version of myself. There was a lot of excitement as this furry ball was introduced into the household, the funniest thing I remember was Roxy, a German Shepherd, being scared of the bundle, she has always been a wussy - she may look good, but she really is no credit to her breed!

I played it cool, after all I didn't believe that it was here to stay, how many cuties can live under one roof? And oh! he was cute! He wobbled around the house, not caring where he stuck his nose or what he sank his needle like teeth into, but I didn't mind, he was adorable; even to me.

The penny dropped that he was here to stay when the bundle of fur started being referred to as Alphie. I didn't really mind as it it was nice not being the only small dog in the house, but of course I couldn't let Catherine know that and played the poor hard done dog act, which I found hard to keep up - after all  I had a new friend to play with!

Alphie looked irresistible to me!
It was around Christmas time when I found myself being strangely attracted to Alphie, I started seeing him in a different light. His floppy ears and lolling tongue no longer made him look daft to me, but made him irresistible. I am not too ashamed to admit that I became shameless in my pursuit of Alphie, but he seemed not to notice my advances. When I backed into him, so obviously inviting him to take our relationship to a different level, he just took advantage of the fact that my back legs were exposed and sank his teeth into them - he is definitely a leg dog!

 Even though I felt rejected and unloved it wasn't long before I stopped looking at Alphie in 'that' way and we became close friends again. At that time I thought that I would just have to except the fact that me and Alphie were not meant be more than friends.....

Meet Alphie, the Yorkshire terrier....


I resigned myself to us being just snuggle buddies.






No comments:

Post a Comment