Sunday 25 August 2013

What Rascal, The Yorkshire Terrier, Has To Say For Herself....

Me (Rascal) and my chosen mistress
When I first chose Catherine as my mistress, I bet she had to pinch herself at how lucky she was to be taking me home with her. I remember taking a liking to the little girl when she came to my home with her Dad and Mum; she knelt on the carpet and spent time playing with me and my brothers and sisters. I played the hardest as I wanted to impress this scruffy little girl as I felt that we had a lot in common and I really wanted her to know that I had chosen her to be my mistress.
I didn't really feel very sad when I left my brothers and sisters, they were starting to annoy me anyway and I felt that I was destined to be somewhere else away from them. I could not have been more right about my new mistress, she was great and we did have a lot in common, she was as naughty and as untidy as I was!
I liked to spend my mornings catching up on my beauty sleep

Every morning she would leave the house with a bag on her back and I would help 'sort out' the laundry before relaxing and dozing until my mistress came home. I did miss her, but her mistress was always around or there was always Roxy, the German Shepherd to play with and it did give me the ideal opportunity to catch upon my beauty sleep!

 There were three other dogs in my new mistresses family, one was so old that she smelt of mothballs - really! She was no competition, she just ate, bumbled around, slept and smelt really old. I couldn't for the life of me understand how they could love such an old, smelly dog, but they informed me that if I was lucky, that I too would live to a ripe old age - like  I could ever be that ripe! - and that I should leave her alone; which I gladly did!

The old, ripe one!
The dog with no breeding!
 One of the other dogs is a proper Heinz 57 variety, apparently she was taken off the streets, she has absolutely no breeding and it shows. She doesn't even sniff her food before swallowing it whole, she is so undignified it's unreal; in my opinion she has a face that only a Mother could love, but my family shower her with love and I am clueless as to why! I have very little tolerance for her and will keep trying to make her life a misery for as long as we both have breath in our bodies.

Me and the dozy German Shepherd
And last but not least, Roxy, who must be the doziest German Shepherd in the world. She may look good, but I am not sure that she is playing with a full pack. She didn't half take some nonsense from me when I was younger and I could always beat her at a game of tug of war - that's the honest truth! I probably still could, but whilst I am in this 'condition' - like it's an illness or something! - I am not allowed outside at the same time as her unsupervised.

It is often said that I am a very vocal little dog, but what do they expect when I don't get my own way! Do they really think that I will just sit back and except things when I am obviously not happy about it? I am sure they wouldn't! When I want a toy from underneath the sofa, I want it NOW! and I don't like to be kept waiting. The same goes for coming and going out of the house, when I need to a tinkle I need to go right now and not in a minute, a girl should not be kept waiting when it comes to having a tinkle. The same applies to being kept waiting outside, I don't want to be kept waiting I want to be let in right away, so of course I'm going to have a lot to say about it!

As for being wary of strangers, any dog with a coat like mine should be. Strangers think that it is perfectly acceptable to wipe their dirty hands all over my soft Yorkie hair, they wouldn't like it if I wiped my dirty paws all over their hair! Okay, so it has been known that I will allow strangers to touch me and maybe even give me a little love, if they give me a nice soft treat - I am not very partial to hard treats, they rattle my brains when I eat them. Rumour has it that dogs teeth can bite through bones, but obviously that only applies to other dogs and not to dainty little Yorkies like me!

Meet Rascal, The Yorkshire Terrier....




No comments:

Post a Comment